Monday, March 1, 2010

Laborious Afternoon

Piper likes to help.  Always.  She enjoys “helping” Dad feed the dogs, “helping” to cook dinner, and, of course, the less helpful “helping” to talk on the phone…

I’ve had to work a lot (well, a lot for me, anyway) the last few weeks.  Piper got tired of it, and decided she could “help” with this, too.

Since she’s got the sit-at-the-computer part down pat, she awaited further instruction.  She doesn’t make any good consonant sounds yet, so speaking on the phone to clients and county offices wasn’t an option.

And since that pretty much sums up my job, there wasn’t anything else she could “help” with.  So, we turned on a video of our little friend, Jace, talking. 

Now that she got excited about!  She even skooched up to the computer to get a closer look.

P1030680  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I let her watch it several times (she was really that mesmerized), and told her I had to get back to work.

Oh, the NERVE!

P1030690

2 comments:

  1. Oh Piper don't cry. It will be ok. I think she will put it on for you again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely unacceptable.

    It's awfully early to be denying her the company of blonde, blue-eyed boys isn't it?

    Of course, I can't tell him about the adorable squirtlet admiring him from afar....

    It will go straight to his head.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete