Friday, June 11, 2010

FINALLY! A couple of cups!

Piper’s been drinking out of the honey bear for a couple months now, and doing really great with it.

I, on the other hand, have not been doing so well.

If I have to wash that thing one.more.time, I just might scream.  We had one, and one straw, and I washed it between meals, about four times a day. 

And I was going crazy.  Not to mention the fact that I was questioning how clean it was actually getting because the inside of the bear is textured.  And inaccessible via washcloth…

I finally found some straw sippy cups that WORK!  I’m SO excited (so excited, in fact, that I bought, like, eight…).  They have the same sized straw as the honey bear (which is really a big deal for her because her mouth is SO little that there’s no way she could get her mouth on some of the ones that are out there), and it’s flexible like the honey bear. 

P1060035

Although it is a little bigger than the honey bear, but I think she adapts just fine…

9 comments:

  1. Now that Lucas is drinking from a straw we have to get some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautifull!! The size of the cup against her really put her size into perspective for me. BTW, Dr. Browns makes a cleaner that works perfectly for straws. It's kinda like a pipe cleaner on a wire stick and works great (coming from someone who has been cleaning straws for over 5 years now, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like the ones that we have, but can you share the brand with us? We are looking for more cups:) With the big girls home now, they have taken the straw cups for themselves:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have these cups and Emily loves them too...and it was after I got so tired of the Honey Bear that I decided to buy them and see if they worked :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still trying to get Max to even use the honey bear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found straw cups! Washing one cup would get old fast! We use the regular straw cups we found at Walmart, they are contoured enough that Alayna can get her hands around them they also have the little straw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! she is a rockstar! love the new cup!! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! That's OUR favorite cup, too! Although we didn't splurge on the insolated version. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't need straw cups yet, but I have this saved for later!

    ReplyDelete