Sunday, January 2, 2011

Piper <<ahem>> “helps”

Piper LOVES to help.  She helps with everything

Problem is, sometimes her “helping” is enough to drive a person over the edge.

For example- if I have to fold the same item (rather, “itemS” is probably more accurate) 18 times before I can get it put away in the drawer, I just might scream.

I’ve gotten to the point where I try and fold clothes when Piper’s asleep.  Unfortunately, I seem to overbook her (often limited) napping hours, and it doesn’t always (hardly ever) happens that way.

So, what’s a mom to do?

Improvise, of course!

My solution? 

Giant socks up to the shoulders.

I call it “sensory awareness”.  Or “helping her learn to manipulate her environment”.  Or something.

It’s particularly funny when she tries to crawl on the wood floors.  Good thing she thinks it’s funny, too. 

And I’m willing to walk the line of “unusual methods” because, gosh darn it, it works

DSCN0408

DSCN0411

DSCN0412

…poor kid.

5 comments:

  1. We have the same issue here and I LOVE your solution!!! I'll have to try that here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biggs is SO showing up on our blog in tube socks...that have been strategically tied in a knot between his shoulder blades.

    We should probably never collaborate on a parenting manual...

    ReplyDelete