Friday, January 15, 2010

One of THOSE weeks...

This face?  Has true medicinal, healing powers.
Even if it is the cause of my decrease in mental acuity.

Oh my goodness.  I do believe it's time to curl up in a hole and not come out until summer.  Or maybe next fall would be better.

At least Piper's feeling better.  LOTS better.  I don't think she's stopped smiling since she was sick.  Except, of course, when she's mad.  And she has gotten REALLY mad several times this week; usually when we're on the way home from my mom's house, which is a good 30-40 minute car ride.  And in traffic.  With a screaming child in the back seat.  Oh. The. Joys.

And we've had lots of days at Mom's this week.  Lots of unexpected days.  Tuesday I had to go to work, which I knew (I only go in a few times a week at most).  When I got back, we went over to my Grandma's house to say hi to my aunt and cousins that are here visiting from Australia.  We don't get to see them often, and it was Piper's first visit with them, too.  And she even got her very own koala bear!

The way home, however, was the first time that the volume emitted by my little Saturn Ion rivaled the surrounding semis on the highway due to the well-working lungs of my 10 pound baby.

Wednesday was supposed to be fairly low key.  We had therapy in the morning, which went really well.  Since we missed last week, Piper was excited to show off for Miss Becky.  She was up on her hands A LOT on her tummy, and her little legs were trying so hard to get her moving.  Her arms are still not quite strong enough to allow her to crawl, but she's getting a lot closer.  We worked with her being able to support all her weight on her knees and arms, instead of chest and arms.  What a workout!  After Becky left, we went and picked up lunch for my brother and me.  We were going to meet over at Mom's house to get some stuff for my job figured out.  So, we went to Chick-fil-a, and on the way out of the parking lot, I hit the median curb, hard, trying to avoid getting hit by another car.  Tire?  Almost popped.  Made it down to Mom's, where she and Dad spent the rest of the afternoon trying to help me get another tire (which, by the way, they didn't have at the Costco that's close, but they did have it at the Costco on the other side of town-- so to there we went...).  What seemed like a week later, we finally made it back to Mom and Dad's.  Luke met us back there for dinner, and he and Dad put the tire back on the car.

On the trip this night, I started wondering if we were going to be ticketed for noise pollution on the highway for our now routine trips at higher-than-normal volumes.

I was so excited for Thursday.  We were going shopping (!!!) with an old friend from high school and her two kiddos.  Her youngest is 6 weeks old, and we hadn't met her yet.  We got to the absolute other side of town, and I realized, without even looking, that I forgot my purse at home.  No checkbook.  No credit cards.  No lunch.  I used to be able to go without a meal fairly easily.  It didn't bother me too much.  But, when you're nursing?  It doesn't work so well.  I was in tears, for the third time in three days.  Mom and Dad, being the saints they are, drove down to help me out.  Have I ever said that I have no idea what we'd do without them???  We had dinner at Mom and Dad's that night with the family from Australia, and celebrated Dad's birthday, too.  Thankfully, Piper fell asleep at Mom's, and stayed that way until this morning.  Phew.

I had to go back to work this morning for a few hours.  After a meeting with a client, and my boss, I had to make a quick trip to the post office.  Then it was off to lunch with Mom and Luke.  Finally our week has come to a close.

Did I mention that Piper's schedule is completely messed up?  NO???  That just adds to the chaos.  Before she got sick, she'd go to bed at about 7:30, and she was up about 6:30-7 every day.  I was so proud of her and her self-set schedule....  

Now, however, she has decided that she doesn't particularly want to go to bed, and that she'd like to get up at about 4:30-5 every morning.  And maybe she'll go back to bed for a little while, but not necessarily.  Thankfully, she's somewhat willing to play by herself in her crib, but only for about 45 minutes or an hour, which isn't very long at 5 in the morning.  And the fact that I usually don't pump until 10:30 or 11 at night, so that I don't die overnight, doesn't help either.

I know I can't complain; I still don't get how I can be so tired that I can't remember to take my purse to the mall (that really does tell you how bad this is...)

My goal for this weekend?  Bed.  Sleep.  And no crying baby.  Please???

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you for even carrying a purse! I haven't done that in years, I just throw my wallet in the diaper bag, and on the off chance that I am without kids, I just carry it anyway. (I did splurge for a stylish one before baby #4--but still, no purse) I don't know what I'll do when there is no diaper bag for me to carry and the stroller to throw stuff in:)

    Here's to a good weekend of getting back on track:)