Just found out today that our insurance is going to cover speech therapy next year. WaHOO! It doesn’t this year, at least I don’t think it did (maybe it was last year?) when I looked, so I was starting to get a little nervous now that we’re looking at aging out of EI. There isn’t even a maximum number of visits that they’ll cover! Praise God for group health insurance!!! I think that speech is definitely the place Piper’s going to need some extra help, at least for a while, and I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that the speech provided in preschool isn’t going to be enough for her.
Anyway, Piper’s had a few very funny VOCAL sentences lately. She’s been talking in paragraphs a lot- adding words to her signs or adding signs to her words, depending on her mood. It’s SO STINKING AWESOME how much she’s started talking lately! I can’t even begin to describe the level of excitement when something new pops out of those little lips.
So, just for fun, the vocal stylings of my two year old:
- I be back (apparently we have a Schwarzenegger prodigy- lovely…)
- Ow-sie (outside)
- I so pretty!
- I’m so big!
- Piper: Where’s Addy? (me: She’s already IN her car seat- see?) Piper: She’s being quiet- she sleeping? (me: No, she’s not sleeping- she’s just being good.) Piper: …laughing hysterically… <<Does this tell you how often Addy’s actually GOOD in the car???>>
- Tall Nana? (“call” Nana)
- Little xyz (little any-noun-she-feels-like)
- Biiiiii xyz (big any-noun-she-feels-like)
- Wid xyz (with any-noun-she-feels-like)
- Wassa (What’s that?)
- Das a (that’s a…)
- Dis uh (this one)
- Osh osh osh (wash wash wash)
- Mom (yup, I’m MOM, not mama, or mommy- Mom. It’s really quite cute)
- Mean mom
- I mad
- Bat (bath)
- Nana’s biii daw… (Nana’s big dog)
- booburies Psss? (“Blueberries PLEASE???” She’s very upset that blueberry season is over and she doesn’t quite catch the concept of WAY TOO EXPENSIVE…)