Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happiness is...

...having a Great Grandpa to spoil you!






I always loved a picture on the wall at Grandma and Grandpa's house of Grandpa feeding my brother a bottle when he was teeny.  He had the same face then as he does here with Piper. 

Grandpa has always been one of my favorite people.  Always.  Justin and I would fake being asleep when we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house so that we could stay the night.  Of course, I'm sure that we fooled no one, but it worked either way.  We'd always wake up to peanut butter pancakes, made by Grandma and the leftovers fed to the dogs in an ornery way by Grandpa.  They took us on trips to Cody, Yellowstone and Pikes Peak, to name a few, where we made memories that we'll never forget.  I remember sneaking out of the house with Grandpa to get Dairy Queen Blizzards, only to return to the house where Grandma had lunch waiting.  And getting in trouble for it.  And being up in the mountains, in the freezing snow, eating ice cream cones, with two scoops, of course, and watching Mom and Grandma look at us like we were nuts.  Which we probably were.

Grandpa's birthday is today, and I couldn't be happier that our daughter will get to know her grandparents like I know them.  I'm so thankful for all the love and support we've gotten from Grandma and Grandpa, particularly this last year.  We are so blessed to have them so close, and we know how lucky we are to have such a close bond with them.  We love you guys SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment