Sunday, May 8, 2011

Better late than never…

Easter was, what, two weeks ago???  I told you I was behind…

 

Since we were still sick on Easter, we missed the Easter service at church AND the Easter egg hunt that the local Ds association puts on.  What. a. bummer.

But we DID get to go and have Easter Day at my parent’s house which made up for all of it.  When I was a kid, we always went to my grandparent’s house Easter morning and spent the day there, and I loved every minute of it.  I really love continuing some of those traditions now.

The thing with Easter in Colorado is that you never, ever know what the weather is going to be like.  Some years it snows.  Some years it’s not quite cold enough to warrant an indoor egg hunt, but cold enough that I distinctly remember my parents silently chuckling as we hunted eggs, in our pajamas, in the completely frost-covered grass.  This year, since it was super late, I thought for sure we’d be able to wear cute dresses and enjoy the spring.

Pants, long sleeved shirts, and winter coats were NOT what I had anticipated.

Nana and Grandpa had goodies for Piper and “hid” eggs in the front yard for her to find.  We opened up the front door and this “oooo” face rarely left her face.  I don’t think she could figure out where all the goodies came from!  The eggs were filled with boxes of raisins, lol, because they are, afterall, her favorite thing in the whole wide world.

Nana also made Piper a whole bunch of beautiful (Piper said so- over and over and over again) little purses so that she could have coordinating bags for her wardrobe.

Add a whole bunch of bags and baskets, and there was plenty for her to find!

P1090552

P1090559

P1090558

P1090557

P1090555

2 comments:

  1. So fun, oh my goodness LOVE the cute little purses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still put Claire in her dress, but she definitely needed her tights and sweater!

    ReplyDelete