Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pajama Problems

Piper was tired tonight.  Not just tired, but the unless-I-constantly-move-I’m-gonna-fall-asleep pooped

So she finished her dinner and I laid her on the ground to give her her steroids and put on pajamas.

Lemme tell ya- I had no idea how difficult it could be to dress a 13 pound kid.  However, dressing is significantly easier than giving steroids.

In order to administer them appropriately (and they’ve completely given me the willies with the steroids- you can’t get any in their eyes, make sure they breath it all in, make sure it doesn’t leak out the bottom of the mask, afterward you have to make sure you scrub their face, and watch for thrush in the mouth- sounds like fun, right???), I have to lay my child on the floor between my legs, put her shoulders under my knees, and her legs up on my stomach.  Then I can bend my knees up a little to keep her head somewhat straight.

I’m thinking of entering us in as a circus act.

So, after the drama tonight of getting this taken care of, I grabbed her pajamas to put them on.  Needless to say, she had absolutely no intention of sitting still any longer.  So off she went.  As she was getting away from me, I was trying to get her arms and legs into the holes.  I figured I could get her snapped up once she was half dressed. 

Somewhere in the midst of her trying to get away from me as fast as she could and me cramming her appendages into holes as fast as I could, things went bad. 

And sadly, I didn’t notice until I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t able to get her snapped up too easily.

P1070081

Yup- I got her right arm in the right arm hole, but her right leg in the left leg hole. 

It had to be terribly uncomfortable.  And certainly a fashion faux-pas. 

This is what she had to say about the matter:

And in case you’re wondering, yes, those are Christmas PJs.  But when you find them on clearance in the right size, what are you supposed to do?  Not buy them???  Besides, I would be quite surprised if they don’t fit at Christmas, anyway…

4 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing. Mommies try really hard all day long and honey, sometimes they just can't get it all right:) But so glad that you are celebrating Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me giggling on this one. I can just imagine the circus music playing in the background as you wrestled with her. Poor Piper!

    ReplyDelete