Surgery’s scheduled for 10- please keep Piper in your prayers this morning. Hopefully, if their plan works, it should be a relatively quick procedure.
If it doesn’t work, the cardio-thoracic surgeon will move her aorta and place in a different spot on her heart to see if it helps.
We’re praying that we can stay clear from altering her little heart; the open chest is enough for us to worry about!
We’ll be spending at least tonight in the Cardiac ICU. We’re hoping to get a place to sleep here at the hospital while she’s in that unit since we can’t stay in the room with her.
Seems like one of the biggest worries everyone has is how she’s going to handle another intubation. We’re praying that fixing this will make her airway strong enough to handle it.
I’m horrified, feeling guilty, anxious, exhausted… And can’t wait for this to be over!