Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving, The First

My side of the family traditionally has Thanksgiving dinner on the Sunday before the holiday.  It works out well because Luke and I (and my brother and sister-in-law) don’t have to run between houses all day.  We can all relax and enjoy our time together, and enjoy we do!  Lots of laughter, lots of stories, and lots of food- all ingredients for a fun afternoon!

My grandma even brought blueberries for dinner- which Piper reminds me every single stinkin’ time we go to Costco that we’re out.  Unfortunately, she eats SO many of them that I can’t afford the out-of-season fruit any longer.  Needless to say, Piper was VERY excited.  I’m pretty sure she almost exclusively ate blueberries and rolls for dinner.  Whatever.  That’s what holidays are for, right???

And while we were having pie, Piper talked Nana out of the whipped cream spoon.  She thought she was totally getting away with something.  And made a mess while she was at it!  And since she was such a mess, we changed into Christmas pajamas for the ride home (“we” meaning the girls; Luke and I did not drive across town in matching pajamas, I assure you…)  I figured that since it’s officially Christmas season after Thanksgiving, it was safe to break out the Christmas attire, yes???

Collages

And because Nana’s such a funny lady, she also gave the girls the idea to play “wagon” in her living room.  Addy, surprisingly, had a ball.  She liked it much more than sitting in the old-fashioned high chair- that she wasn’t so sure of…102NIKON

The girls played SO hard yesterday that they were EXHAUSTED today.  Piper got woken up after her THREE hour nap (which I, of course, paid for the rest of the day…) 

Let the holidays begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment