Monday, February 8, 2010

Aw, Thanks, Aubrey!

imageOur little peanut pal, Aubrey, nominated us for an award!  Thanks, guys!  Aubrey is, by the way, possibly one of the cutest little punkins ever. 

The Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers.

7 Interesting Things About Me

  • I double majored in college, at the University of San Diego (which is, by the way, probably one of the most gorgeous campuses ever).  One of my majors was Math.  What am I doing with that degree?  Nada.  Do I have any ambitions to do anything with that degree?  Nope.  So why did I punish myself for four years?  Not.  A.  Clue.USD photo

 

  • I really, really love living in Colorado.  Particularly being so close to the mountains.  I love going camping (especially when we get to go with a bunch of friends), and I’m totally bummed that we haven’t really gotten up to the high country in a couple years now.  I am, however, slightly embarrassed by the fact that I, in no way, have the physical capacity to do hardcore mountain stuff.  We tried climbing a 14er summer before last, and it ended abysmally for me.  I’d love to have the ability, but that would require being in decent physical shape, which I’m not, and I have no ambition to get there.  Sitting by the fire making foil packs, soup, and punch-hole donuts satisfies me just fine. 

 

  • My mom and I used to raise chinchillas under the rolling eyes of my dad, and my brother pretended that he had too much testosterone to care.  But, man, you have never seen anything as cute as baby chinchillas.  When they’re born, they’re small enough to fit through a 1”x1” square, but have all their fur and teeth and their eyes are open.  We learned all about dominate and recessive genes, because fur color follows the Mendel’s peas phenomenon perfectly.  We were up to almost 30 at one point, and started donating them to the preschool I was working for through high school.  Luke and I have four left who still live in our basement. 

 

  • I really like to cook.  No, not cook.  I really like to bake.  I haven’t done too much since I got pregnant, and I miss having the time to do it.  Part of my problem is that I really like to cook things, but I’m not so big on eating it.  We’ve always got to have somewhere to give some away.  And really?  Making a whole cheesecake wouldn’t do anything for my, or my husband’s, waistline, and maybe it’s better that we stay away…

 

  • My brother is, and always has been, one of my best friends.  The high school years were a little…  loud?…  but I’ve always counted myself lucky to have a brother with whom I’ve never fought, and who has always taken care of me.  And I love how much he loves Piper, too.

 

  • If I could live anywhere, it’d probably be up in Cody, WY, where my grandma grew up.  It’s just outside of Yellowstone.  Chances are, if you’ve driven into the park from the east entrance, you drove right past my great-grandparents’ house.  Mom, Grandma, Grandpa and I used to go up every summer while Justin and my dad went to Boy Scout camp.  I love Cody.  Of everyone in my life, it’s my great grandparent’s who I wish Luke could have met.  I think he and Grandpa would have gotten along fabulously.  I miss them.

 

  • I’m a very picky eater.  Although, I am a lot better now than I used to be.  I still get stuck, though, on eating appropriate food at the appropriate time of day.  I can handle pancakes for dinner on occasion, but outside that…  Sometimes I even have a hard time having leftovers for lunch.  I still adamantly protest anything that lives or comes from under water, anything pickled, and probably a dozen other categories.  I’m pretty sure Luke thinks he’s neglected, but I’m pretty sure he’ll live.

So, now the fun part—Hello, ladies!  Let’s hear it!  I’d like to know more about you, too!

1.  Alaina at The Stevenson Family

2.  Kristin at Two dogs and a fish

3.  Lisa at Grace upon Grace

4.  Michelle from Gab about Gabe

5.  Olivia’s mommy from Ups and Downs of O

6.  Kacey from The Amazing Ella Grace

7.  Sarah from Class of 2008

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Aimee! Now I have a legitimate reason to put off cleaning my kitchen :) It's great to hear more about you!

    ReplyDelete