Tuesday, April 10, 2012

So we were at the park…

Piper’s getting to be big enough these days that, while I get our gear settled when we get the park, I can let her go and I know that she’ll be okay.  I don’t do it if there’s a road nearby, I know generally where she is, and I don’t take my eyes off for more than a second, but I feel like I don’t have to be right with her all the time.  It’s kind of nice.

Imagine my surprise when I look up to see this:

P1130878-2

Yeah- that little orange dot is my child. 

After I took that picture, I ran over to make sure she didn’t plummet to her death.  She got to the top, figured out there wasn’t anywhere further for her to go, and started coming back down (with a little encouragement from me- I think she would have played atop the tower of rock if she were left to her own devices…)

P1130879

P1130880

What happened to my timid little girl???  She has changed so much since last summer; the park scene is going to be a very different place this year!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that top picture cracks me up...All you can see is a little orange speck! Little stinker! Good for her and all that climbing though :)

    ReplyDelete