Monday, May 20, 2013

The Party, Version 4

The girls had a combo birthday party this year, and way smaller than last year.  Their grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins (and even my grandma’s sister from Wyoming!) came over for cake and ice cream. 

I suppose I should add in here that we went “easier” this year because Luke ran in his first ever half marathon that morning.  604081_10100653108138096_295572071_n[1]

Anyway, the girls were definitely “in” to opening presents this year.  They did a fairly good job at sticking to their own gifts, but they were interested in what the other got.  May2

May3

And the, of course, it was time for cake and ice cream. 

We sang- the girls weren’t so sure.DSC_0550

We ate.DSC_0555

DSC_0556

…and some of us stole the ice cream off of our sister’s plate.DSC_0558

A pretty successful celebration, if I do say so myself. 

After all the “formalities” were done, we went outdoors to play in the sun.  I got the girls silly string (I really don’t know why, but it was kind of fun) so we got it out, too.

Piper was far from okay with it.  DSC_0568

DSC_0569

Addy, surprise surprise, didn’t mind at all.DSC_0570

Once Piper figured out how to make it go by herself, though, life was good.DSC_0573

I think I’m still combing silly string out of my hair…

No comments:

Post a Comment