Today our littlest munchkin is three months old.
Holy moly- How did that happen???
- is smiling all. the. time- the really big, toothless kind of smile. Unfortunately, she hates the flash of the camera, so most of the pictures I take end up with big eyes and a sad mouth. Sometimes the not smiley ones are just as cute, though.
- “Talks” up a storm. If she feels like she’s getting less than her fair share of attention, she’ll just start up a conversation. With you, with Piper, or with the little animals featured on her playmat. Whatever works.
- IS MOBILE. No joke. The kid can cover some serious ground when left to her own devices. It’s all while she’s on her back- she plants her feet, lifts her rump, and pushes off. This is from a few weeks ago- she started on the far side of that blanket, facing toward the left. She turned herself 180 degrees, made it to the entertainment center, turned around, and pushed off in the other direction. All during the time it took us to eat dinner.
- Is <<thiiiiiis>> close to rolling from back to belly. She’s had belly to back mastered since she was just a few days old. And when you help her get off her back, she just keeps going to get back into that position. As soon as she gets it figured out, she’s going to be a rolling machine.
- If you set her in sitting on the floor, she’ll either balance front to back or side to side, but not both.
- She screams in horror when I sneeze around her. Seriously. If she happens to nurse to sleep, and I happen to have to sneeze, she gets totally startled and incredibly upset. It’s really heartbreaking. But what can you do? There’s only so long you can stifle a sneeze…
- Can grasp the dangling rings. And really wishes that she could figure out how to pull down the vibrating toy that hangs next to the rings…
- LOVES watching herself in the mirror. It’s particularly fun when Piper plays along, too, and lays next to her on the floor.
- Aaaand, following in her sister’s footsteps, she’s still wearing newborn clothes and newborn diapers (although size 1 diapers are coming quickly- just found swaddlers for 13 cents a piece today! Woohoo!)
It seems like every day, her little personality is maturing just a little bit. And we are so in love!