Sunday, September 13, 2015

Goodbye Summertime!

Our neighborhood is so much fun.  This weekend they had an end of summer bash, including Chickfila for dinner, cookies for dessert, ponies to ride, bounce houses, face painters, a live band, tractor rides…

Addy wanted to do the horses first, so we headed that way.  Addy was a natural- her pony rides at school are paying off.DSC_0355

DSC_0354

But Piper surprised me with her lack of trepidation.  And she was even on the BIG one!DSC_0365

DSC_0362

But as soon as they were off the ponies, Piper catapulted herself toward the bounce house.  I’m pretty sure she would have stayed in there the whole time if we’d let her.  Run in the door, bounce a while, climb up the stairs, go down the slide, repeat.  Oh, and giggle.  A lot.  There were lots of squealing giggles.

DSC_0368

DSC_0369

Cody, who was fighting something all week wasn’t invited into the bounce house.  This is what he had to say about that

While Piper bounced away, Luke took Addy and Cody on the tractor ride.  Cody, who’s currently addicted to anything with wheels (and stuck in the backpack) thought it was a great idea.DSC_0379

Luke and Addy and Cody were on the tractor, and Piper was trapped inside the bounce house, and I was chatting with a family who’s buying the lot a few houses up from us.  And being the stellar mom I am, I just assumed that Piper would continue bouncing her heart out.

So you can imagine my surprise when I looked over and saw this:DSC_0375

Shocking- my kid found her way to dance on the stage.  Glad she didn’t go too far, I s’pose.

We ended the night with ice cream from the food truck that was there.  Addy was dead set on blue.  Usually when I think “blue” I think blue-ish.  This was not blue-ish.  This was, well, BLUE.

Note to self: inform teacher tomorrow that Piper’s lips are STILL blue from ice cream, not respiratory failure or deadly virusDSC_0406

DSC_0412

DSC_0403

At the end of the night, there was a group of about five families in the bounce house.  And every one of them had melting down kids.  I told the girls they had ONE MORE SLIDE.  Addy looked at me, got her mad face on, and determinedly (loudly) stated “NO! TWENTY MORE TIMES!” 

You’re killing me, Addy.  And you’re gonna  have to work on those bargaining skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment