Piper starts her second week of school tomorrow.
So far, we can tell that she’s learned:
- a song about a bunch of animals. Since she “sings” by signing, I have no idea how the song sounds. We really only know that it’s a song because she sings about the same six or eight animals, in the same order, over and over again. While dancing. It’s on my list to ask the teacher for a copy of the CD tomorrow.
- that, apparently, in order to eat your snack, you first must unfold the paper napkin, smooth it out nicely on the table in front of you, and gingerly place your snack on top. She’s even insisting on having a napkin to smooth out and put under her plate at meals.
- how to make a new friend- her sign for her is “pretty.” How cute is that??? …I haven’t been able to figure out who it is yet, though. I just hope it’s not a boy- she’s too young for that, right?
- that everyone in the class will have a job each week. They haven’t assigned jobs yet, but I’m pretty sure that she must be the unofficial snack helper. She’s getting very good (and adamant…) about helping portion and serve food and pour drinks.
- that wearing a backpack is fun. She’s far better at keeping her backpack on that I thought she’d be. She asks for it before we leave in the morning. She doesn’t like when we drive (we usually walk) because she has to take it off to get buckled in.
- that she’s definitely still not back on her feet after surgery. It was particularly obvious when she fell asleep at school on Thursday morning. Poor kid. We’re hoping that this week brings a better rested, better feeling Piper.
I can’t wait to see what’s next!