Friday, February 15, 2013

A Party!

Piper had a Valentine’s party at school this week.  The kids all brought Valentine’s “For My Friend”, and then most of the kids diligently wrote their own names on the cards.  They made heart magnets from craft foam, glitter, and rhinestones.  And, of course, the culmination of the party- ice cream sundaes and cupcakes!

DSC_0009

I love going to her parties.  They’re complete and udder chaos (sixteen kids, a few siblings, and probably a dozen parents) but it’s so fun to watch Piper with her friends.  It’s fun to see the kids fight over who gets to sit next to her and watch how they help her out.  I’m always amazed by how many of the parents (not all of whom do drop off and pick ups) know Piper.  And Piper’s always proud to introduce me to her friends, show me her classroom and what she’s been doing. 

It’s no big surprise that Piper’s loved by her classmates.  I was kind of surprised, though, to see how many of her classmates chose to give her more than one Valentine.  And I’m a little nervous that most of the double-dippers were boys

And so it begins…

No comments:

Post a Comment